Executive Producer - North UK
Our client is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers.
Since our inception in 2003, we've had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney and many more.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We need the best talent in the business to take our projects forward to grow our fantastic team
We have an exciting Executive Producer opportunity on a large, undisclosed AAA project.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Executive Producer will have overall responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectation of clients.
- Key leader/contributor to the development team.
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections.
- Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly.
- Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director and internal senior management team
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines.
- Coach and mentor junior production staff
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product.
- Follow our project development standards and guidelines